The Department of Business Management as the principal department out of four departments in the faculty was established with the establishment of the Faculty of Business Studies and Finance.
The department during its short span of life has achieved a great success in catering the expectations of its stakeholders in an effective and efficient way. Presently the department is able to offer both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in order to cater the requirements of both national and international community.
The prime consideration of the department is to contribute the society by creating and developing knowledge. The department intends to attribute its graduates with;
- An in-depth understanding in management concepts both from a theoretical and practical perspectives
- The modern academic knowledge, skills, abilities and insights into the current practices of management in business organizations
- Leadership, entrepreneurial skills and skills of communication and presentation
- Range of competencies in understanding of and dealing with management issues in modern organizations
- Firm base for further study on management
The department of Business Management also committed to pursue excellence in conducting management researches and community services in the region while making every effort to contribute to the Faculty vision to be the center of excellence for Business Studies and finance education in Sri Lanka.
“To be the best and the most preferred academic department for business management”
“We are committed to produce excellent graduates well equipped with thorough knowledge of Business Management, while continuously engaged in Business Management Research and Management Development”