The Department of Computing and Information Systems
The Department of Computing and Information Systems of the Faculty of Applied Sciences, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka offers the “Diploma in Software Engineering” to cater the needs of the office force and those who are willing to become as a professional in the field of Software Engineering. This course is designed to develop and enhance the IT and software development knowledge of the participants.
The aim of the course
The aim of the proposed program is to;
- provide sound theoretical and practical knowledge in software applications and development
- develop students’ programming skills in a practical hands-on environment
- expose students to realistic programming experience opportunities using real world project examples
- produce students those who are highly competent and ready to work in a range of IT programming entry-level positions
Duration of the course:
Subject areas to be covered
- Introduction to Software Development
- Software Engineering Theories and Practices
- Software Engineering Applications & Development
- Introduction to Database Management Systems
- Database Management Systems Development
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Introduction to Java
- Project Development Theories and Practices
- Comprehensive Report Writing
- Comprehensive Project
Commencement: 2019, January
Application Deadline: 01 -11 - 2018
Course Fee: 40,000/=
To whom this course is suitable:
- Any person wishes to hold a reputed qualification in Software Applications Development.
- Those who got through G.C.E(A/L)
- Those who work in offices and having IT related responsibilities
- Those who are willing to work in IT related environment.
APPLICATION FORMS AND PARTICULARS:
- Application forms and other details could be obtained from the Reception Desk (from 09.00 a.m. to 03.00 p.m.) by paying Rs.600/- , OR
- The application form can be downloaded from the University website http://www.wyb.ac.lk/dsad.
In this case Rs.600/- should be paid in favour of the Collection Account No: 028100151586123 of the Wayamba University of Sri Lanka at any branch of the People’s Bank. When the application is sent, the bank payment receipt should be attached. Applications without the bank payment receipt will not be accepted.
SUBMISSION OF PERFECTED APPLICATIONS:
Perfected applications along with a self-addressed stamped (worth Rs.35/-) 23cm x 10cm envelope should be sent under registered cover to reach the Course Director, Diploma in Software Application development, Department of Computing and Information Systems, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka, Kuliyapitiya, on or before the 2017.10.31 .